Centre of Living Science
The municipality of Porto Moniz is the managing body of the Centre of Living Science, which is part of the Centre of Living Science Network of Portugal where the exchange of national exhibits prevails.
The Centre of Living Science has display spaces available for exhibitions of community interest. The centre has a permanent exhibition Laurissilva - UNESCO World Heritage Site.
In this exhibition, conceived to be easily grasped by all age groups, you can interact with different themes.
In addition to the exhibition side, the Ciência Viva Centre has two spaces designed to receive congresses, conferences and other initiatives.
- Multipurpose space: The multipurpose space is a large area, equipped for major events.
- Auditorium: The auditorium has the capacity for functions such as conferences, meetings, up to 120 people.
Admission fees and times
- Monday to Sunday - 10h00 - 18h00*
- * Open on Holidays
- Closed December 25
Fees - Centre of Living Science
- Normal ticket: 3,50 €
- Junior ticket (5-14 years): 2,50 €
- Senior ticket (> 65 years): 3.00 €
- Group Ticket (> 5 people): 3.00 €
- School groups: 2.50 €
- Children under 5: Free Admission
Fees - Single Ticket - Centre of Living Science and Madeira Aquarium
- Normal ticket: 8.00 €
- Junior ticket: 5.00 €
- Senior ticket: 5.00 €
- Group ticket: 6.00 €
- School ticket: 4.00 €
When making a reservation please take into account:
- The visit lasts about 1h30 minutes.
- Payment should be made prior the visit at the reception in cash or by check.
- On the -1 floor there is a cloakroom, where the group can leave backpacks or any other objects.
- Book your visit with a minimum of 8 days in advance.
By booking, you are reserving a specific time which must be strictly respected.
To prevent the overlap of another group, missing the scheduled time may imply the total or partial cancellation (time reduction) of the visit.
If the delay exceeds the time frame of the visit, the group can only enter upon the availability of the Ciência Viva Centre.
Schools should only book a visit when certain of the number of students involved.
In the event of a cancellation, the school should do so by e-mail, telephone or fax as soon as possible in order to give way to other interested parties.
When making a reservation you should provide the following details:
- Date of visit
- Number of visitors
- Number of chaperones
- Entity type
- Name of person responsible
- Telephone, fax and E-mail
Centro Ciência Viva do Porto Moniz, Rotunda do Ilhéu Mole
9270-095 – Porto Moniz
+351 291 854 274
+351 962 145 662